Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What Next?

Like I said before there was so much to write about and I want to make sure I don't leave anything out because it was such a great experience...
So I guess I'll continue with the Lodwar experience...


We were there for 3 days with our friend Ben who runs Gilgol High School. He makes the trip every month , and for 1 week he travels to Lodwar and Kakuma to train other pastors and teachers. After going on this trip, I have a huge respect and appreciation for what he does, it’s a hard trip to make. I can’t even imagine doing that each
month.

While Ben taught we went across the street and played with some of the kids in the neighborhood...
Most of our time consisted of playing with the kids that hung around the church. They were a lot of fun, it just got to be so hot that it was tough not to be exhausted from the heat after a short time.


Just a handful of the kids we played with


Al spent a lot of time with this little girl, she had broken her arm the day before so she had to sit out most of the games.



PLEASE DONT ENLARGE THIS PHOTO, or enlarge at your own risk...This boy climbed up the tree and revealed that his pants were torn on the inside from the crotch to the ankle...and thought it was so funny to show us the proof


Pastor Bonifus' little girl, Joy


I loved this kid David, but he always ran away from me



Chris played Mr. Lion with the kids and they LOVED it!





This is Commando, yeah its a pretty awesome name




Chris got to preach a lot while we were in Lodwar and he did a great job. The congregation really loved his sermons.


Lodwar felt like an old Western town, like Tombstone would have been back in the day, except with lots of Africans …

I accidentally posted part of my blog about Kakuma below, so please make sure you check it out...it was one of my favorite parts of the trip, despite losing 5lbs of sweat each day...

No comments: