Monday, September 22, 2008

Random note

Today I realized how much I loved teaching...
Maybe its just the Kenyan kids who really want to learn and or the fact that Im teaching elementary school math, but I loved getting to teach for a little bit today at Oasis...I just loved when the kids got it and would get a huge smile on their face...
You have to think that these are street kids having to learn in English...
I remember Math was a hard subject for me, but to have to learn math and principles in another language, esp being a street kid...
I was so excited for them...I don't know if my explanations were all that great but hopefully Ill improve...
Just thought I'd share
Heres a picture Lydia emailed me today of me and Edwin that I love

1 comment:

Mama Oasis said...

Cute....

Amazing to send it from my computer and then see it posted on your blog only a little while later. Gotta love the technology that allows this world to get a little smaller. Hopefully, it will make everyone realize how very connected we all are and not just think of Kenya as a place on the other side of the world.