Friday, September 19, 2008

House 1

Tonight we went to House 1 from Oasis of Hope to have dinner with the boys... Evans, Edwin, Jonah, Paul, Braumwel, and Elvis( when he's not in school) all live in House 1
And as we figured it was so much fun...

We had Chipati and potatoes and meat for dinner...They normally eat chipati on wednesday nights, but they saved it and moved it back to friday night for us...


SO while Allison and I were hard at work in the kitchen with Edwin and Jonah, Paul and Chris decide to turn on some music and thats where these come in...


BFF


Not to worry, we had our own fun...

Oh Alice


I burned myself a couple times on the jiko, theyre freaking hot


Edwin REALLY likes Alice...


And right about now is when the camera got taken over by someone with a very large amount of grease on their hands...


Braum wasn't feeling well because he had Typhoid so he laid down until dinner... I almost didnt see him under the blanket he is so skinny...


Evans...


Jonah...


Alice loved this little window and insisted on serving out of it...


Chris used this same window for his photo shoot, clever...


Post-dinner activities included Chris teaching the boys how to fart with their armpit...Paul eventually caught on...


While Jonah just failed...He couldn't seem to get the right form...Up under the shirt, not over...he had it all wrong


Wrapped up by Chris' impression of Dirty Harry...


I think one of the best parts of the night, because there were multiple, was Chris exposing his food baby


Evans saw the burns on my ankle and asked if he could fix it for me. He busted out every item in the first aid kit...He put things on my foot that had nothing to do with a burn, but he was so excited to be "the doctor"...he did a good job


Tomorrow...Futbol (soccer) game!

3 comments:

Mama Oasis said...

Honestly...it is hard to know where to begin....

The most notable is that Chris should NEVER,EVER do that food baby thing again when there is even a possibility of a photo being taken....and even when there is no camera within, say, 100 miles...he shouldn't do it anyway.

I am glad the first aid items that I hauled from CA to Kenya have come in handy....hope your ankle feels better. You know, an ankle burn while cooking is so rare here in the states....

I can't believe Bram has Typhoid (I know I have already said this in a previous comment...but I REALLY can't get over it!) Typhoid is water borne and I bet it is because they are not boiling the water before they drink it. Please have a remedial lesson with Nim on this very important subject, ok?

And give Bram a 'mom' hug for me....

You guys are the best! Despite the mess and wasted flour that occurs where ever you go.....

xxxooo

Mama Oasis said...

oh yeah...one more thing.

It is only Futbol in Mexico, Spain and possibly Italy.

I am pretty sure it is just Football in Kenya.

over and out....

Harry Hud said...

mmmm ... looks fun. teach them a real sport.. it's called baseball.. it's american. erego better.
love
-HH