Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Strongest Man in the World...

Last night I heard a ton of noise coming from Ayub's house on our compound...So I went to investigate and when I got to Ayub's house I found Ayub (basically our Kenyan dad) and Cleophas (our guard and friend) watching, what else but, WWE wrestling!

Apparently it's a regular saturday night even for these two, and I think I may have to join them, it was so much fun. Ayub didn't stop laughing and cheering on the wrestlers. He would say in his Kenyan accent " Wow! Look at this man, have you ever seen such a thing?" While everytime someone got hit, Cleophas would put his hands on his head, grab his hat, and say "A lalalalalala..."

Ayub's favorite part was when there was a "little person" wrestler. Apparently, he's never really seen one, let alone one who wrestles...I wish I could video Ayub's laugh and post it, it's one of my favorites and so contagious. It just makes you happy when you hear it. Oh Ayub...

3 comments:

Mama Oasis said...

lalalalalala means no no no no no no in Swahili.....that cracks me up. My wonderful stepdad Lew (who was really a quiet, wise and very down-to-earth guy) loved WWF wresting too.

Elizabeth Ford said...

you should watch Nacho Libre with them. There is wrestling, "little people" wrestling and Jack Black is hilarious. What could be better.

Derrek Fikes said...

Is it sad that I know who the little wrestler is? lol