Sunday, December 7, 2008

Emannuel

Yes, this is the same baby... Emannuel was brought to Sister Freda's when we first got here in August. His mother died and he was being taken care of by his grandmother, who would come to Freda's for food, but what Freda found out was that the grandmother wasn't feeding Emmanuel. She was taking the food and eating it herself.
So Freda told the grandmother to bring Emmanuel to Freda's and he's been there ever since. Had he not come to Freda's when he did he would have died. Tonya, one of the Ukrainians who lives on our compound, has kept him on our compound for the last couple of weeks and its been so fun having him around...hes such a great baby.

August 2008


December 3, 2008

2 comments:

Derrek Fikes said...

Amazing!!!! AHHHH! Look at that face! :)

Melissa said...

I saw this and wanted to shout for joy. How amazing! (except I am sitting in a meeting and am not suppose to be on my computer...so if I shouted, I might get caught/yelled at). Love ya girl.

Oh, p.s. I just booked a flight to come to Nashville over spring break. Can't wait to see you!