Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Time is Here...

Yesterday and today Joseph, Andrew, Allison, and I went to town to start getting things for the Oasis Christmas celebration coming up on Tuesday...
We spent a good amount of time at Joseph's friend's store getting clothes for about 120 kids. Each kid will get a new pair of pants, a nice shirt, socks, and shoes...

The floor of the store was covered, you could barely see joseph's feet.





This is the crowd that began to gather because of all the "Mazungu's" in the shopping center...


Andrew looked like Santa Claus hauling out the bags of clothes...


We can't wait for Tuesday the kids are so excited for Christmas. I'm really thankfull to be here for it. I'm sad I can't be at home this time of year, but getting to see these kids on Christmas will make it more than worth it...
Also, to everyone who sent donations to Oasis for Christmas and to replace what was stolen in the boys homes, a huge THANK YOU for making it all possible, it couldn't have happened without your help...There will be more to show after Tuesdays party, we're keeping everything hidden for now:)

1 comment:

Derrek Fikes said...

I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes. :)