Saturday, October 4, 2008

Kitale Forest PE Day!

Today was PE day again at Kitale Forest Primary...Last week was one of the best days Ive ever had so I was really excited to go back.



Last week they put class 5 & 7 together, for a total of around 130-140 students, which was just WAY too much, so they gave me another class, for a total of 4 PE classes...



This week we did some physical fitness classes, consisting of how may sit-ups and press-ups the students could do in 1 minute...They've never done anything like it before so it was kind of difficult to explain.
Joseph was working hard


I was surprised for how strong they look, hardly any of them could complete a minute of press-ups, as they call them, or sit-ups...
Jonah


My helpers, the baby class


We also had relay races, the 100-meter dash...A girl won the whole thing


Thank god for this teacher, she was able to translate and help the students understand


The teachers room, so much like an American teacher's room, talking about the students, gossiping about personal stuff...the usual


For lunch I went to house 2 with Steward and Joseph. I thought it was going to be a long walk, but they know a short cut so it wasn't bad at all...It was actually a nice walk...


It was just the 3 of us because the class7 boys stay at school to eat and Stew and Jose' are the only ones in class 6... It was great though because we talked the entire time about so many things. Oddly enough the American economy, money, school, a bunch of things..


The boys are so smart and curious, we always love having conversation with them, its as if they don't have a filter when they ask questions




After lunch, I went to sit in with class 6 on their Swahili lesson and when they were done they wanted to ask a bunch of questions so for about 45 minutes I answered questions about our economy(which I is not so great right now), where we keep our "mad" people (A.K.A. insane), our weather, marriage, abortion, and so much more...they really are inquisitive buggers...But, i have to say i love it because it pushes me and I think there is nothing more important than knowledge, so if these kids want to learn, I want to help...

1 comment:

Derrek Fikes said...

The baby class!!! :D

You bless my heart, DainaG. :)