Friday, September 12, 2008

Vanity at it's Best...

Ok fair warning this is going to be the lamest, most self absorbed post, so either get ready or turn away but…


I just had the best hair day since being in Africa…Not to mention putting on makeup to complete the effect!
Judge me all you want, I don’t care…Im overjoyed to actually feel like a girl right now so I don’t care one bit…


Im so overjoyed in fact, I had to share it with someone and Chris is at Sister Freda’s getting shot in the bum for his Malaria and Allison is watching One Tree Hill on her computer hence why it became my post for anyone whos out there…Thank you for listening. And to those of you who do judge me I say to you, you come live here and try and feel like a pretty girl!
I don’t need much but once in a while, it’s amazing what feeling like a clean human can do for your spirit…
So I hope you enjoy your day while I enjoy my hair

6 comments:

Elizabeth Ford said...

I love the picture... and it is a good hair day. Did drying your hair cause the power to go out like at the guest house in Addis? Hey, no judgement here. It is the little things... a girls got to do what a girls got to do.

Mama Oasis said...

I TOTALLY understand. When you have to content day-in and day-out with iffy power and no water or at the very best...freezing cold water coming out of the shower head in little dribbles.....well, it is hard to even get the dang shampoo washed OUT of your hair....let alone hope for a good hair day.

I had a good hair day once or twice when I was there...and so I am rejoicing with you.

Wearing mzungu missionary clothes every day doesn't help either....I have resolved to bring cuter clothes when I return!

Love you....you are beautiful all the time....your heart shines through always.

BTW....Have an AWESOME day with the boys at the house tomorrow. Tell them that I love them and miss them and am praying for them.

Nicc said...

ok so you totally took my title from my myspace photo album...love it you still look good girl

Mama Oasis said...

I hate that you can't edit on this.....

in the first line ...it should read "contend" and not "content".

Hey...I just talked with Allison and you guys were driving home with Dan......

Marcus said...

Haha, you look gorgeous daina. I would love to take up your challenge to come out there and look like a pretty girl.. but that would require at least two life altering decisions.. one of which is definitely a no-no.

Derrek Fikes said...

...dang. That's all I got. :)

And elaborating on Miss Ford's comment, I was frozen out in the shower due to the power outage that time. So, I guess I can blame you? Haha